What Should I Do If I Get in an Accident?
An auto accident is a very traumatic time for anyone involved, especially if there are injuries. BWO Insurance Group of Kenosha/Racine cares about the safety of not only its clients, but also the general public. This is why we have devoted a section in our website to highlighting the basic steps that a driver should take whenever they are involved in an auto accident.
- Make a deal for damages.
- Accept an offer of cash or any other settlement.
- Offer to pay any damages.
- Administer first aid unless licensed to do so.
- Disavow injury to yourself or your passengers.
- Admit guilt.
- Move auto(s) to a shoulder or other safe area to prevent further damage or injuries.
- Ask someone to summon police and seek medical assistance.
- Take picture(s) of the scene, including the involved vehicles and any damage.
- Obtain names of witnesses including addresses and phone numbers.
- Obtain complete information from those parties involved in the accident, including license plate number and state of the other vehicle(s), phone numbers and addresses and insurance company information.
- Please remember to be calm, courteous and consistent in your version of the accident and to call your auto insurance company or agent as soon as is practical.
- If you've had a claim and you'd like to talk directly to your company's claims department, go to our Carrier's page to find your insurance company.
- If you'd like to talk to your personal BWO agent, you can find them here.